Monday, September 13, 2010

hair and make-up...or lack there of...

...all of my girlfriends extremely ready, and I am not...but don't they look great and natural? one of my favorite pictures by far...

...I am trying to help kelsey my sister get ready, safety pin to the rescue...

As you can tell from the photos... I went pretty natural. I was extremely comfortable and I felt like myself. I had this fun plan to do a messy side pony tail with curls, but when it came time to get ready, in about 15 minutes, I opted for my traditional hair style...down with a little volume. This was also true for the make-up. From other bloggers I had gotten the idea to go to Sephora, buy all of the makeup that they put on me for the look I want...learn how from the beauticians.... then re-create it on the day of. So I did just that. I learned how to prime my eyelids (what the heck?!), color in my eyebrows, put on loads of natural looking foundation...the works. Well, as it turns out that wasn't really me either. I looked at myself in the mirror trying to frantically get ready...and decided what the heck, why am I doing this?! I know my eyebrows won't look photogenic, and I did want to look beautiful on at least this one day... but I was too worried about touching my cheek to the white dress or hugging my friends, or looking back at my pictures and wondering why I looked so fancy...when the rest of the day was casual. So I did my own thing, and returned the make-up when I got back into town.

...my bridemaids looking simple, and naturally beautiful...

...my dad and I having a drink looking at the wonderful string light creation he made, just comfortable like a backyard BBQ...except I am wearing white...

15 minutes to get ready?!...yeah...I didn't account in all of the time it would take to delegate the "tasks." I don't think I actually set up or decorated a single thing, which in my mind I was doing all of the day of set-up by myself...how ridiculous that thought was! So I spent the day delegating to my wonderfully supportive family and friends who brought our dreams to real life. And I was able to get ready in 15 minutes, just like any other day...and spend more time on enjoying the day than in front of the mirror. So in the end...I loved how I felt beautiful on my wedding day, I love my pictures... its simple. Its us. I love it.

...matts side of the family

...my side of the family...

...the end product after all of our work...

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with your dress. I know it was made by your mother in law but I'm wondering if you have a pattern for it. I would love to keep the same style but tweak it a little. Please, please tell me if it is a pattern. You have literally captured my dream dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry it took so long for me to respond. It was hard to track down that pattern! It feels like years ago. Its a McCall pattern M5843. Its a maxi dress. My mother-in-law made a mock up of the dress, then we tweaked it- I wanted to straps thin, and the chest part narrow/ lower cut. Then she extended the length on it by about 2 feet. She did a little bit of a different pleat around the bust...then we had 3 layers to the dress. Two plain white, nice feeling material (pricey) then swiss dot from switzerland (also pricey). I really didnt want it to be see-through in the sun. I look at teh pictrues of my wedding day, and throughout the huge long day and night it looked phenomenal- she did such an amazing job. I couldnt have bought a more perfect dress. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice wedding..yummy grill :p ..good blog..mine: http://videosmusiclyrics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete